Monday, October 15, 2012

Cyberbullying // SupportFab

Hi guys and gals.
I kinda had this epiphany when I was just laying my bed on my way to the unknown wonders of the dream world. I was thinking about cyber-bullying. Strange isn't it? So I decided to research a bit on the topic. It turns out to be quite interesting for me.

So... what is cyberbullying? The word may seem a bit hard to swallow. :D As we can see, it is made from two words, cyber and bullying. One can assume that it is certainly not a good thing. According to this organization,

"Cyberbullying" is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the Internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones.

To simply this, basically cyberbullying is somebody being a total prick to someone or a group of people repeatedly. Is it that simple as it sounds? no. Cyberbullying costs lives of innocent children, teens and people alike. To be honest, we all have done it at least once. Swearing on the internet, getting angry and stuff. I admitted it myself, I used to do it quite often. It never occurred to me what would actually happen. But I have quit. I slowly learn over the years that it is never a good idea to cyberbully, even if I think it is for a small prank, I never know what the person actually feels right?

A list of checklist whether to consider before sending/publishing/doing anything on the internet :
Are you angry? If yes, please stop whatever you are doing and take a breather.
Are you sure it is the right time to do it? If no, do it a better time.
Are you going to say things that may be controversial or offensive? If yes, please stop and consider rephrasing or rewriting it.

This humble post is just a small PSA to my dear followers. Now we know a little bit more about cyberbullying. Remember, it is not difficult to withheld those negative emotions. When you are bullied, keep in mind that, these bully might be victims too. Keep an open heart when dealing with bullies. Ignoring them is a wise way to do it. Never bully back. Doing so will not help both of you.
Hat - bought at Bali, Neon Pink-Orange Bra - H&M, DIY Ripped Shirt - ZARA, Shorts - H&M Divided, Shoes - Charles and Keith, Glasses - bought at Singapore, Bracelet - bought at Bali, Necklace - Tiesto, Ring - m)phosis
I know this is super late since everyone has done this support FAB. But it is never too late right? I've been bullied many times by my classmates, even my friends used to bully me. And I want you all to know that you all are beautiful in your own way.
Don't let people bring you down! It's your life. Do whatever you like. Wear whatever you like. You might inspire people around you ;)
Support FAB here:http://supportfab.com

Tell me below in the comments section your opinion about cyberbullying. Have you ever been bullied? How did you deal with it Tell me all about it below!

Don't forget to subscribe my youtube channel! I will subscribe back :)
Subscribe to me on YouTube


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...